Investing In Your Health Now Pays Off Later
We’re diving deep into a topic worth a billion dollars this month. That isn’t a typo!
It’s all about keeping healthy as you get older.
People around the world will spend $62 Billion on anti-aging this year.
This is one of those numbers, which can be hard to visualize, right?
Imagine this: You don’t need to spend a lot to be healthy at any age.
Your health and wellness are like your retirement account.
Consistent investments that you make now – eating healthy, exercising regularly, taking good care of your skin/eyes/teeth and not smoking – will pay off in the future. You will see the benefits of these investments in the future.
The best part? It’s never too late for you to make those investments in your personal wellbeing account.
- Exercise builds muscle and bone strength! This will help you stay strong as you age… and it also keeps your heart and body healthy.
- A healthy and focused brain is built by getting 7-8 hours sleep each night.
- Your brain and body will be happy if you find ways to reduce stress.
- Healthy eating provides your body with all the nutrients it requires to function at its best.
- Building a social network can help you feel connected and improve your well-being.
- There’s so much more!
This means that the exercise program you’re following today could pay dividends in the future. And your choice to eat an apple instead of a cookie as your afternoon snack may be rewarded decades down the road.
It is all about being consistent with small, positive actions.
We have a challenge:
You can choose THREE actions that you can take this month to help you feel better now and in the future.
Here are some ideas:
- After lunch, go for a walk
- Eliminate sugary creamers from your morning coffee
- Switch to water instead of soda
- This week, 2 resistance training sessions in the studio
This post was written by Darryl Johnson, Co-Owner of Apex performance. At Apex performance we are a community of highly trained experts looking to provide performance enhancement and a permanent lifestyle change for our clients in a fun and interactive environment. Members can take advantage of one-on-one training, small group classes and specialized courses for a wide variety of athletics, sports training and body goals! Click Here to learn more!